January 19, 2009

Yes we can!

I am filled with joy and gratitude on MLK Jr Day to anticipate tomorrow's inauguration of Barack Obama. So many joyful faces watching the train; so many young people watching this moment of hope.

I remember where I was in 1963.. on my way to Georgia with my infant daughter driving through many small towns hostile to Northerners. . Scary times.

All those in today's crowds- my son and family are there and my web designer... so many people witnessing history and also joining in a collective breath of change. I keep crying; feels ok and cathartic. I am so glad I witnessed those days and these days.

I hope everybody in their own way acts on this charge to change and to serve. Hope is the stuff of
dreams and also the motivator of many great actions. Peace.

No comments: